Angling at Williamthorpe ponds can be traced back to when Pond 1 was excavated around the time of the First World War.
Williamthorpe Angling Club or 'Williamthorpe Fishing Club' as it was first known came into existence in 1946.
Over the years it has grown into one of the largest angling clubs in the area with a membership of over 350.
The club has seven waters, including the Chesterfield Canal. All of these waters, with the exception of Lings and Pond 1, are open to day tickets which can be purchased bankside from one of our friendly bailiffs.